Lithuania - Poland
Research Council of Lithuania (LMT) and Narodowe Centrum Nauki (NCN) on the 16th of November 2016, has signed a memorandum of understanding to establish a bilateral research funding programme.
- Calls for proposals are published every 2 years - in Lithuania and Poland at the same time
- Applications for joint projects must be made by project leads and their institutions in both countries and submitted to LMT and NCN (according to the terms and conditions of a call)
- The duration of research projects is 2 or 3 years.
The funding can be used for:
- Expenses related to a research project: dissemination activities, project implementation costs, visits to a partner institution in Poland
- Budget for Lithuanian project lead(s) and their institution(s) must not exceed 80,000 euros (for 2-year projects) or 120,000 euros (for 3-year projects).
Assessment criteria and process:
- All applications are submitted for administrative evaluation first by LMT and NCN according to agreed criteria. Applications that meet the eligibility requirements are submitted for expert an evaluation
- The scientific peer review of submitted applications is carried out in both countries simultaneously
- Based on the results of the peer review, the list of projects to be funded is decided jointly
- In Lithuania, the grant agreement of a funded project is administered by LMT
Preliminary call deadlines
Announcement of successful projects
Project start date
Every two years in June
End of April – beginning of May
Middle of the following year
For more information contact Asta Aleksandravičienė email@example.com