Lithuania - Japan
The Research Council of Lithuania (LMT) and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) are supporting the development of strong bilateral research and dissemination projects across the two countries. The programme has officially started in 2017 following the signing of Memorandum of Understanding between LMT and the JSPS.
- Calls for proposals are published annually in Lithuania and Japan at the same time
- Projects should be submitted in both countries. In Japan, applications are submitted to JSPS. Lithuanian institutions should submit applications, in the required format, in Lithuanian language using the electronic system to LMT
- Duration of research projects is up to 2 years, duration of dissemination projects up to 12 months
Funding can be used for:
- Research projects, dissemination of their results and other activities related to the implementation of research projects, including visits to a partner institution in Japan
- Dissemination project and the costs of organizing a joint seminar in Lithuania lasting up to a week or the cost of a trip to a joint seminar organized by a partner in Japan. If a joint seminar is organized in Lithuania, only costs of organizing the seminar and publishing (disseminating) the results of a project are eligible. If a joint seminar is organized in Japan, only the costs of business trips to Japan and publication (dissemination) of project results are eligible
- Total budget of Lithuanian projects must not exceed: 80,000 euros for a research project, 20,000 euros for a dissemination project.
Assessment criteria and process:
- All applications are submitted for administrative evaluation. Applications that meet the eligibility requirements are submitted for an expert evaluation.
- Expert evaluation takes place in both Lithuania and Japan and follows the agreed criteria
- Based on the results of the peer review in both countries, the decision on the list of successful projects to be funded is made jointly
- In Lithuania, the grant agreement of a funded project is administered by LMT
Preliminary call deadlines
Announcement of successful projects
Project start date
Everyone year in June
September to December
For more information contact dr. Živilė Ruželė email@example.com