Call for Proposals: Joint Lithuanian–Swiss Research and Institutional Partnership Projects
Research Council of Lithuania invites Lithuanian and Swiss researchers to submit proposals for implementation of joint research and institutional partnership projects.
The proposals shall be prepared and submitted following the Guidelines for Applicants under Lithuanian-Swiss cooperation programme to reduce economic and social disparities within the enlarged European Union programme’s project „Research and development“ (hereinafter referred to as ‘LSCP’). The Guidelines for Applicants have been approved by the Order No V-182 of the Chairman of the Council on November 9, 2011 (Official Gazette, 2011, No 135-6446). English version of the Guidelines for Applicants.
ELIGIBLE RESEARCH AREAS
- Environmental science and technology.
- Health/life sciences.
- Natural sciences.
TYPES OF ELIGIBLE PROJECTS AND DURATION
- Joint research project. Size of each Joint research project shall not exceed 2.62 million LTL (1.0 million CHF).
- Institutional partnership project. Size of each Institutional partnership project shall not exceed 0.131 million LTL (0.05 million CHF).
- The maximum duration of a Project shall be 42 months. Duration of Institutional partnership project shall be based on the number of events, planned to be organized. The number of the events organized in the frame of one Institutional partnership project shall be from 1 to 3
BUDGET OF THE CALL
The budget of LSCP is 25.43496 million LTL (9.708 million CHF):
- 24.12496 million LTL (9.208 million CHF) are allocated for Joint research projects;
- 1.31 million LTL (0.5 million CHF) are allocated for Institutional partnership projects.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS AND PARTNERS
1. Under LSCP the eligible applicant is a public higher education and research institution of Lithuania.
2. Under LSCP the eligible partners are:
2.1. public higher education and research institution of Switzerland;
2.2. public higher education and research institution of Lithuania.
3. At least two legal entities must participate in each project:
3.1. one of the legal entities must be a public higher education and research institution of Lithuania acting as an applicant;
3.2. at least one of the legal entities must be a public higher education and research institution of Switzerland acting as a partner.
All information concerning the requirements for applicants and partners is presented in the Guidelines for Applicants.
PROCEDURE FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
1. The proposal shall be submitted by the applicant on behalf of consortium.
2. The proposal shall be submitted in Lithuanian and English.
3. The proposal shall consist of complete appropriate application form (Annex No 2 or 3 of Guidelines for Applicants for Joint research and Institutional partnership project proposal, respectively) and its annexes:
3.1. curriculum vitae for the leader of the applicant and each partner team;
3.2. personal merits and achievements of the applicant and each partner team members.
4. The proposal shall be accompanied with the letters of the applicant and each partner, confirming their consent to carry out the project. The letters shall be shall be prepared according to the template, approved by the chairman of the Council and signed by the legal representatives of the applicant/partner.
Proposal shall be submitted electronically by completing application form, available at Electronic Proposal Submission System http://sistema.lmt.lt/. The deadline for submission is May 16, 2012 at 16:00 (Vilnius local time). Before completing electronic application form, please, consult The Guidance document.
The letters of the applicant and partner (s) shall be submitted to Lietuvos mokslo taryba (Research Council of Lithuania), Gedimino pr. 3, LT- 01103 Vilnius, Lithuania:
- if submitted in person, the deadline is May 16, 2012 (inclusive),
- if sent by post, the deadline is May 30, 2012 (inclusive). When sending by post, the date of dispatch must be postmarked no later than May 16, 2012.
All the documents related to the call for proposals are available on the website or the programme.
More detailed information is provided by the project manager Audrius Žvikas tel. (+370 5) 2107396, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.