Modernity in Lithuania
Lithuania’s Progress Strategy “Lithuania 2030” calls Lithuanian citizens to build a modern State open to the world and preserving its national identity. When reflecting upon or designing the principles for building modern Lithuanian society, it is important to understand the current status of modernity: what are the modernity processes completed or on-going in Lithuania, their social, political, economic and cultural outcomes.
The objective of the Programme is to study the processes of modernity, modernisation and the process of modernisation of the society, i.e. the processes of emergence and development of the modern society, and their impact upon the national state, the identity, cultural identity and memory, obtain new scientific knowledge and produce insights significant for the further understanding of the political, social and cultural processes in the modern Lithuanian, the sustainable development of the Lithuanian State and the society, and the European integration.
Two tasks are designed to meet this objective.
- General Rules of the Research Council of Lithuania for the Competitive Funding of Research and Dissemination Projects
- Description of the Procedure of the Expert Evaluation of the Projects and their Reports
- Description of the procedure for the preparation and implementation of the national research programmes
- The Maximum permissible hourly pay rates for specific positions (approved by order No. V-216 of 31 October 2014, annex No.1, supplement by order No. V-223, of 5 November 2014);
- Illustrative Lists of Eligible Scientific and/or Technological Output under Research and Dissemination Projects
Further information is provided by chief officer Vilija Rubinaitė tel. +370 676 16657, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org