The purpose of the National Research Programme 'Healthy ageing' is to obtain the new scientific knowledge required to extend the duration of a healthy and quality life in Lithuania. According to statistics, at the beginning of 2014 there were 542,700 persons aged 65 and over living in Lithuania. Since 2010, the proportion of persons over 65 has increased from 17.3 % to 18.4 % of the total population. The Statistical Office of the European Union (EUROSTAT) forecasts that unless the situation changes nearly one third (28.9%) of the Lithuanian population will be elderly persons by early 2030.
The objective of the Programme is an integrated analysis of and the finding of solutions regarding issues in the healthy ageing biomedicine and social medicine of Lithuanian society through the development of science and technologies, as well as the results of fundamental and applied research.
Three tasks are designed to meet this objective:
- National Research Programme 'Healthy Ageing'
- General Rules of the Research Council of Lithuania for the Competitive Funding of Research and Dissemination Projects
- Description of the Procedure of the Expert Evaluation of the Projects and their Reports
- Description of the procedure for the preparation and implementation of the national research programmes
- Illustrative Lists of Eligible Scientific and/or Technological Output under Research and Dissemination Projects
- Form of proposal for the implementation of a project of the National Research Programme “Healthy Ageing”
Further information is provided by chief officer dr. Julija Sabataitytė tel. +370 676 18678, e-mail email@example.com (Gedimino av. 3, room 110).