Joint Research Centre
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the scientific and technical arm of the European Commission. It is providing the scientific advice and technical know-how to support a wide range of EU policies. Its status as a Commission service, which guarantees independence from private or national interests, is crucial for pursuing its mission – to provide EU policies with independent, evidence-based scientific and technical support throughout the whole policy cycle, in the following key areas:
- environment and climate change
- energy and transport
- agriculture and food security
- health and consumer protection
- information society and digital agenda
- safety and security (including nuclear)
More information about JRC is available at its website.
- JRC Multi Annual Work Programme (2007-2013)
- Council decision concerning the Specific Programme
- JRC newsletters
- CORDIS JRC webpage
- Job opportunities and vacancies
Jurgita Stonytė is a Representative (NCP) for this area in Lithuania (+370) 52618530, email@example.com.