|2017 04 18||
Call for Proposals for Funding of High Level RTD Project Implementation (SMART)
Research Council of Lithuania launches the first call for proposals for project funding under the measure No 01.2.2-LMT-K-718 “Targeted Research in Smart Specialization Areas” of Priority axis 1 “Promotion of Research, Development and Innovations” of the Operational Programme for the European Union Funds’ investment in 2014–2020.
Purpose of the activity
The purpose of the activities is to develop fundamental and applied knowledge contributing when implementing R&D priorities, and promote research institutions to engage in R&D activities with commercial potential.
Budget of the call, eligible applicants, requirements to projects
Budget of the call is up to EUR 28 962 002,00.
The following amounts shall be allocated to individual smart specialization areas:
- energy and sustainable environment – up to EUR 4 257 002,00 (four million two hundred fifty-seven thousand two euro);
- inclusive and creative society – up to EUR 2,285,000 (two million two hundred eighty-five thousand euro);
- agro-innovation and food technologies – up to EUR 3,816,000 (tree million eight hundred sixteen thousand euro);
- new production processes, materials and technologies – up to EUR 8,358,000 (eight million tree hundred fifty-eight thousand euro);
- health technologies and biotechnologies – up to EUR 5,836,000 (five million eight hundred thirty-six thousand euro);
- transport, logistic and information and communication technologies (ICT) – up to EUR 4,410,000 (four million four hundred ten thousand euro).
The eligible applicants are research and studies institutions and university hospitals included in the Open Information, Counselling and Guidance System www.aikos.smm.lt . Eligible partners are legal entities operating in research and studies area that have in the course of the past calendar year before the last day for the submission of the applications been engaged in R&D activities.
The maximum amount to be allocated to fund a project is EUR 700,000 (seven hundred thousand euro). The maximum share of the project eligible for funding is equal to 100 % of the total eligible expenses of the project.
The duration of a project must be no less than 48 months.
The Applicant shall have an operational procedure for managing the rights arising from the intellectual activity results (whether or not the Applicant has implemented the requirements set forth in Articles 10, 12, 16 and 17 of the Recommendations for Lithuanian research and studies institutions regarding the rights arising from results of intellectual activity.
Procedure for application submission
Applications may be submitted as signed paper documents or electronical documents signed by secure digital signature.
If a paper application is submitted, the applicant provides one original application with its annexes and PDF version of the application copied in a CD. Annexes of the application must be saved as Microsoft Office Word format. The content of paper and electronic version of the application must be identical. If discrepancies between paper and electronic version occur information provided in original paper version of the application will be followed.
The application must be sent by registered mail or delivered to the Research Council of Lithuania, address: Gedimino pr. 3, LT-01103 Vilnius, LITHUANIA.
If an electronic application is submitted, the applicant provides the electronic application with its annexes by e-mail email@example.com. Documents or their copies provided together with the application may not be digitally signed.
The application sent by registered post must be submitted to post service provider no later than 24:00 on 30th of June 2017.
If the application is not sent by registered post it must be delivered to the Research Council of Lithuania no later than 15:45 (local time) on 5th of June 2017.
If the application is submitted as electronic document it must be sent by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15:45 (local time) on 30th of June 2017.
The application with its annexes must be submitted with the letter of institution of the applicant.
Research Council of Lithuania does not accept applications submitted later than deadlines set or other than submission options described.
Information for applicants
Information on the Call and relevant documents are also available at the website of 2014–2020 European union investment in Lithuania.
More detailed information is provided by
- Diana Kizalaitė, e-mail: email@example.com , tel. (+370 5) 240 9484;
- Vaida Vansevičienė, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. (+370 5) 240 9443;
Project financial manager Jogaila Mackevičius, e-mail: email@example.com , tel. (+370 5) 261 6133;
Project legal manager Veronika Kapalinskaitė, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. (+370 5) 236 0506.
List of call documents
- Guidelines No 1 for applicants under measure 01.2.2-LMT-K-718 “Targeted Research in Smart Specialization Areas” of Priority axis 1 “Promotion of Research, Development and Innovations” of the Operational Programme for the European Union Funds’ investment in 2014–2020;
- Application form for funding the project co-funded from the European Union structural funds;
- Form of the table of the assessment of the project quality.