Lithuanian – Belarus
The goal of Lithuanian–Belarus Partnership Programme for Bilateral Cooperation in the Field of Science and Technologies is to encourage a direct Lithuanian and Belarus science and education institutions cooperation in areas of innovative technologies, fundamental and applied sciences. This is achieved by funding brief Lithuanian researchers’ visits to Belarus (covering expenses of healthcare, insurance and subsistence), sponsoring publishing costs of joint articles and other publications as well as by providing funding to relevant scientific seminars, conferences and meetings.
In Lithuania the programme is being implemented by Research Council of Lithuania, while Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research is responsible for action in BY region.
Both Lithuanian and Belarus science and education institutions are eligible to submit project proposals, acting as representatives of groups of scientists.
The proposals can be submitted under the following areas:
- Novel materials and energy sources
- Medicine, pharmacy, industrial biotechnologies
- Information and communication technologies
- Manufacturing, processing and storing technologies for agriculture products
- Competitive energy- and resources-efficient technologies
- Ecology and rational use of natural resources
- Social and humanitarian sciences
Evaluation criteria for the project proposals are as follows:
- Scientific quality and a nature of proposed innovation
- Competence and ability of a temporary scientific team to implement the proposed project
- Quality of the participating organizations’ infrastructure
- Participation of PhD students and young scientists
- Practical applications of the proposed project results
- Validity of the proposed project budget
For more information and assistance please contact senior specialist Viktoras Mongirdas, +370 676 19613, firstname.lastname@example.org.