Competitive Research Funding
The Council started conducting the programme based competitive R&D funding in 2009, focusing on financing high-level research projects. Half of the allocations for science in Lithuania are distributed via competitive funding programmes, with the other half remaining as the base funding. The Council regularly holds competitions for R&D in every area, taking responsibilities of conducting (administrative) verification, evaluation by experts, selection of winning projects and administrative management during implementation.
Since the start of these activities the Council has drawn up more than 30 descriptions of the procedures, regulating specific procedures of programmes funding. To help with administrative aspects of project proposal submission and subsequent project management, an online informational system is being maintained as well.
At the moment the Council manages about 20 programmes for research and other scientific activities, funded by national budget, EU structural funds and contracts. About 15–20 calls for research funding and roughly 20 calls for other scientific activities funding are announced annually.
- National Research Programmes
- Open partnership research projects
- Lithuanistics development programmes
- Researcher teams’ projects
- Intergovernmental cooperation programmes
- Seventh Framework Programme
- European Cooperation in Science and Technology
- ERA-NET and other coordination measures
- Global Grant
- Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Funding for other activities
- Students’ Research Practice